Painting completed: “Snowflake”


Finally!  I finished a painting!   This one took a while because I completely changed the background.   I originally painted in a navaho print with reds,  blues and yellows but it really didn’t work with the quail.   The background was such high contrast it was competing for attention with the bird and there was so much going one it actually hurt my eyes to look at it.    So I switched it out with this orange and blue snowflake design.   There is still a lot of attention and detail in the background but it compliments rather competes with the quail.

I’m pleased with the results although it took quite a while to get there.  Hopefully I’ll make less mistakes as I go along with this series and the paintings won’t take so long to create.